Monday, April 12, 2010

Ranau Gong's Tune

Last Saturday, I went to the Hongkod Koisaan (Unity Hall) to attend a wedding reception which involving family, relatives & friends from Ranau, Penampang & Keningau. The groom is from Kg Marakau, Ranau which happens to be my kampong also.


marakau weds


One of the performances during the wedding reception is the Gong Beating. And my kampong people have been given the privilege to play the Ranau's tune. I have the chance to record them playing the local instrument. Here is their performance:





End of the day, I'm glad & happy to see some familiar faces from my kampong. Makes me feel at home. Of course, the 'bonus' question will always come out one way or another. But I understand, they just care too much about me :D


2 comments:

Mell (tsm4) said...

hahaha ulai... "ko bila lagi?"
wakakakaka... (guys oso kana tanya the same question bah).

ULAI said...

yabah mell! kehabisan idea sdh sy menjawab kepada soalan 'bonus'itu.